Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Peanut Noodles & Tofu


Sounds kind of funky, doesn't it?

Exactly.

That's why I had to try it!

INGREDIENTS:
4 tbs. natural peanut butter
4 tbs. hoisin sauce
1 tbs. brown sugar
1 tbs. light soy sauce
t tsp. rice vinegar
8 oz. spaghetti (whole wheat spaghetti is healthier)
1 red bell peppers, cut into strips
1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
1 container of tofu (firm stays cubed, but I prefer the taste of medium. Silken/soft will be crushed/crumble, so don't use that.)

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Cook the pasta as directed on the box.
2. Combine the peanut butter, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, and vinegar in a bowl.
3. Two minutes before draining the spaghetti, toss in the red and green bell peppers.
4. A minute later, toss in the tofu.
5. Drain the pasta.
6. Mix with the sauce.

Additions:

I ADORE shrimp and mushroom, so I sauted some with a little bit of the red & green bell peppers and the tofu and topped my pasta with it.

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment