**notes: I don't have pictures yet as I have yet to try the recipe myself. Will try it on the MF (ManFriend) this week and post results!**
This makes 4-6 Servings
4 russet potatoes
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus 3 tablespoons
1 small onion, chopped
8 ounces small mushrooms, such as cremini or button, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded extra-sharp Cheddar
4 thin slices prosciutto, halved
1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Put an oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using the tines of a fork, prick the skins of the potatoes all over and arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours until tender and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool until warm enough to handle, about 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooling, in a medium skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Cook until the mushrooms are golden and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 6 minutes.
- Put the mixture into a medium bowl.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and, using a small spoon, scoop out all but
- 1/4-inch of the flesh.
- Add the potato flesh to the mushroom mixture.
- Add the butter, oregano, and 1 cup of thecheese.
- Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Arrange the potato halves, cut side up on the baking sheet.
- Using a pastry brush, brush both sides of the potatoes with the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil and season the inside with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon the mushroom mixture into each potato half.
- Arrange 1 half-piece of prosciutto on top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and theprosciutto is crispy, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, transfer to a serving platter, garnish with chopped parsley and serve.