Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Boyfriend's Favorite Ribeye

For his birthday, I made this steak for my boyfriend, and he loved it. Moreover, I loved it, too!

2 servings. (Duh, one for me, too.)

2 ribeye steaks about 3/4 to 1 inch thick
1 tbs. of honey dijon mustard
garlic salt
pepper
1 tsp. steak seasoning
1 tsp. melted butter

1 cup mushrooms
1 red bell pepper
1 bunch of asparagus


I didn't grill this one, but used the broiler option in the oven, instead. Turn on broiler to 525 degrees.

1. Chop mushrooms. Chop red bell pepper into thin strips.

2. Melt butter, steak seasoning, and honey dijon mustard together.

3. Sprinkle garlic salt and pepper on the steaks and rub in. Then add the butter/seasoning/mustard mix to the steaks. Rub in and make sure that every surface is seasoned. I let it sit in the seasoning for about 15 minutes.

4. Meanwhile, I made a make-shift grill by pulling out the grill from my toaster oven and then placing it on top of a baking pan. That way, the steaks can sit on a grill and the pan will catch the juices and not make my oven dirty!

5. In a skillet, using olive oil and small bit of butter, saute the mushrooms and red bell peppers until soft and juicy. Set aside.

6. Wash the asparagus and prep.

7. Place the steaks in the make-shift grill and place in broiler. The length of time the steaks will be in there depends on how you like your steaks cooked. It only takes about 10-15 minutes to get Medium (depending on how close your steaks are to the fire!)

8. When steaks are done, set aside and reuse the make-shift grill for the asparagus. Lay asparagus on the grill and stick into broiler for 10 minutes.

Serve steak topped with mushrooms and red bells, with asparagus on the side!

So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment